Thursday, January 22, 2009

And We Lived Beneath the Waves...

Greetings!  Let me begin by clarifying that this is a site dedicated to professional basketball and specifically the Boston Celtics, not a tribute to the finer works of Ringo Starr and/or the Beatles.  Sorry to disappoint, but I believe that the Bealtes blog is down the hall and through the third door on the left (wait, where's everybody going?).

I suppose it would be proper to give a bit of background about myself and where I come from, as well as establish the goals of this project and share some of my thoughts with all of you.  For the purposes of this blog my name will be BostonBiased?, though invariably most of my minuscule readership knows me as Dave.  Why "BostonBiased?"?  First of all, it's alliterative, which I love; and secondly, it's intended to inject a little bit of ambiguity (insert gay joke here) into my perspective on basketball and the NBA.  While I cannot deny my roots in the Northeast or the place that the Celtics hold in my heart as my hometown team, I would like to loudly proclaim that I love the game of basketball and enjoy seeing it played at the highest level possible regardless of the team or players that are involved.

So while I'll always root for the Celtics to succeed every single night, I'd like to think that I'm more than capable of acknowledging greatness even if that means having to gush about a rival or opponent.  For instance, the Celtics just tipped off against the Orlando Magic and while I'm rooting for Boston to dominate, I am excited a player like Dwight Howard do more than just dunk (he's hit two contested hook shots early on, one with each hand) and to see how Jameer Nelson will continue to grow and expand his game.  Does this mean I'm going to write gushing posts about the brilliance of Kobe Bryant on a regular basis?  Probably not, but I will if I have to.

Hopefully this site will grow quickly and change as I get a bit more settled in here, but if you're starved for content and want to get a sense of who I am and how I write, you can check me out over at http://bostoncelticsnews.com/bostonbiased/weblog, even if you just want to kill a few minutes at work that'd be just fine too.  

Anyhow, bookmark this page and keep coming back for more, I hope to add content almost every day.  Forgive the rather skeletal layout of the page for now, hopefully I'll be able to change things around soon.  If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me, and if not, you're a lazy, uneducated, slack-jawed rube.  And you smell, so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment